There are many different options to fill a tooth after the removal of the the affected tooth structure. The strength and durability of dental materials are different for every case and every patient.
Important factors to consider
There are many different factors that influence the performance, durability, longevity and expense of dental restorations. The following are important factors:
- The components used in the filling material
- The amount of tooth structure remaining
- Where and how the filling is placed
- The chewing load that the tooth will have to bear
- The length and number of visits needed to prepare and adjust the restored tooth
Before your treatment begins, Dr. Davoodian will discuss with you all of your options and help you choose the best filling for your particular case.