Broken or Fractured Tooth
Causes of Fractured or Broken Teeth
- Accident or injury
- Tooth decay (cavity)
- Chewing on hard foods such as ice or candy
- Grinding your teeth
- Loss of tooth stability through large fillings or wear
An injured tooth may or may not hurt, depending if the nerve is injured or exposed. Therefore each incident is case specific.
What Should You Do?
- If you have a broken or fractured tooth, call us immediately.
- Try to keep the piece(s) in milk, saliva, saline until you reach our office.
- Rinse your mouth with warm water to clean the area.
- Use a cold compress on the area to keep any swelling down.